Re: MR: Disc: Pay-to-Fight

Poster: Dguptill@aol.com

As I understood it at the time, the rationale for Atlantia's retention of
pay-to-fight after the Society's repeal thereof went somewhat along these
lines:
-- SCA Inc. introduced pay-to-fight and added the waiver to the membership
app.
-- SCA now had a national waiver file, supplanting the existing kingdom
waiver files.
-- SCA Inc. repealed pay-to-fight, with the proviso that kingdoms who dropped
it had to resume maintaining waiver files.
-- Our (at the time) KMOL preferred keeping pay-to-fight over keeping waiver
files for nonmembers.
-- Therefore, Atlantia kept pay-to-fight.

Corrections and comments welcome.
Ld. Erich von Kleinfeld.