Re[2]: MR: Disc: Pay-to-Fight

Poster: "Chuck Graves" <chuck_graves@mail.hq.faa.gov>

Greetings, all.

Ld. Erich von Kleinfeld wrote:

>As I understood it at the time, the rationale for Atlantia's retention of
>pay-to-fight after the Society's repeal thereof went somewhat along these
>lines:
-- SCA Inc. introduced pay-to-fight and added the waiver to the membership
app.
-- SCA now had a national waiver file, supplanting the existing kingdom
waiver files.
-- SCA Inc. repealed pay-to-fight, with the proviso that kingdoms who dropped
it had to resume maintaining waiver files.
-- Our (at the time) KMOL preferred keeping pay-to-fight over keeping waiver
files for nonmembers.
-- Therefore, Atlantia kept pay-to-fight.

An interesting scenario, if true--and disturbing. I would be interested in
knowing if the 4th item (i.e., keeping our own waiver files) is true--and how
much more work it would entail for the current KMOL.

Aside from that, I enthusiastically support REVOKING pay-to-fight in Atlantia.
Quite frankly, it makes martial training of a new recruit illegal. No
membership, no training. I support His Highness' call to maintain your
membership--this supports the whole organization. However, the law itself makes
training untenable--especially, in college environs.

I am personally tired of training someone as a "member"--wink, wink, nudge,
nudge, say no more. This is certainly the place to "return to the old ways".

Please, Your Majesty and Your Highness. Reconsider. Unbind your marshalls'
hands.

Sincerely,
Tadhg