Re: His Highness's New Clot

Poster: "Bob Hoy" <Bob_Hoy@cpqm.mail.saic.com>

                      RE>>His Highness's New Clothes               7/2/96

Greetings to the net ,

I have been following this thread for some time without saying anything but I
am going to put my 2 cents worth in. I am Earl syr  Knarlic and have the honor
to be a former king of Atlantia. The most important thing a king can do is to
remember that he is not a real king. Any statements that are made by an SCA
King in court or while wearing the crown are going to be construed as from the
crown. That can't be helped and sometimes is necessary to get a point across.

BUT  any other statements made should be aware of the following rules

Rule 1 you are not a real king this is a game and you govern only by the
consent of the populace. The only thing that you have proved by becoming king
is that your were real good or lucky on one given day.

Rule 2. if in doubt see rule 1.

I only wish that I would have realized this more clearly when I was King.

In service to the SCA note I did not say atlanita. (that is only where I
reside ) my formost duty is to serve the society as I am a Knight of the SCA
currently living In atlantia.

Earl Syr Knarlic