Re: Re[2]: MR: Disc: Pay-to-Fight

Poster: Mark Schuldenfrei <schuldy@abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU>

Greetings from Tibor.

Ayo wrote:
  NOT true.  You have to be a member to be an *authorized* fighter.  Signing a
  waiver is plenty good enough for practices(which aren't official SCA events
  anyway).  Where did you get the idea that you had to be a member to
  practice?   That has never been a requirement, AFAIK.   Please let your
  local MoL and marshallate know that the pay-to-fight rule is only for
  authorizing and not for practising.  You do need to collect waivers for
  those at the practice who are not members/authorized(your MoL should have
  the appropriate forms).

This seems to approximate the newest Governing and Policy Decisions from the
Board.  Those changes appeared in the July Pikestaff, but do not yet appear on
the Society Corpora.  If desired, I can type them in when I get home.

If the reason the Kingdom MOL is "taxing" authorized fighters is because it is
simpler than maintaining waivers, yet waivers are still maintained for
non-authorized combatants, I see a contradiction.  Especially given the new
Governing and Policy Decision.

	Tibor