Re: His Highness's New Clothes & Courtesy

Poster: Beornheard@aol.com

Greetings unto all:

I have been following this thread with some interest, and have only the
following to say.

If we are to hold true to the ideals which we espouse, then courtesy and all
that implies is the obligation - and due - each one of us, whether king or
peasant.  While we can all remember instances where courtesy, fairness,
honesty
and chivalry have been dispensed with as unnecessary impediments to Royal
Authority, I can also remember instances in which I have forgotten those same
principles in persuit of my own goals.  Living in a glass house, I can cast
no
stones without damning myself.

In it's most simple form, courtesy - and nobility - means that I extend
courtesy even when I am treated discourteously.  It means that I forgive -
even
if I do not forget - slights.  And it means that I apply correction gently,
in
a spirit of friendship, with the best of intentions to help my fellow,
whether King of Common.

We all err.  But while our error must be corrected, our mistakes should not
expose any of us to discourtesy.

Beornheard

aka Jeff Tyeryar