Re: MR: Disc: Pay-to-Fight

Poster: Jay Shaner <JSHANER@frederick.solarex.com>

Greetings to the patrons of the Merry Rose from Konrad,

Someone posted that you could marshal an event without being a member.  This
is not true in Atlantia.  After fighter practice Sunday, I went through the
Red Tape just to see who had to be members.  The list is as follows:

King or Queen
Prince or Princess
Participate in or be fought for in Crown Tourney
Landed Baron or Baroness
Seneschal
Herald
Marshal also need to receive the Acorn at residence and attend classes
Minister of the List
Chronicler
Minister of Arts & Sciences also need to have access to the Acorn
Chirurgeon
Authorized fighter

I'm not sure for Exchequer, it said one had to fill out a Roster Warrant
Request Form and I do not know what is on that form.

Most of the above local officer membership requirements are not required by
Kingdom law but are part of the policies of the Great Officers of State.

Please note  that doing any of the above is voluntary including authorizing
as a fighter.  One makes a conscious choice to take on one of the offices or
fight in Crown or be a fighter.  You can still attend events in Atlantia
without being a member.  You can practice to be a fighter without being a
member.  You can get Kingdom level awards without being a member (unlike
some of our neighboring Kingdoms).

Just some food for thought.

Regards,
Konrad