Re: Benefits of Paid Membership

Poster: Mark Schuldenfrei <schuldy@abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU>

  Has anyone mentioned that a major benefit your dues pays for is your
  kingdom newsletter?  I don't know about you, but I find out about most
  events via the Acorn.  Before I became a dues-paying member, one of my
  frequent questions was something on the order of, "Hey, what's going
  on next weekend?  Does anybody have an Acorn?"

Membership dues do not pay for newsletters.  Those cost extra, and the money
spent on them is NOT tax deductible.

  No, really!  How do you find out about events if you don't either get
  or know someone who gets the Acorn?  If nobody had paid memberships,
  how would you know what was going on?  Most of the events listed in
  the next several months have *not* been announced here, and even if
  they were, I know bunches of people who don't have email.

It would be relatively easy to set up an alternate method of distribution of
the newsletter.  But the SCA Incorporated knows to keep control of the carrot.

You are presuming that things MUST remain as they are.  This is an error.

	Tibor