Benefits of Paid Membership

Poster: Sallie Montuori <foxdale@dakota.widomaker.com>

On Fri, 5 Jul 1996, Gregory Stapleton wrote:

> I guess if I get right down to it, I feel that if any of us have to pay,
> we should all pay and equally share the load of funding our game.  Once
> again, everyone that comes to an event is currently receiving benefits
> from the organization, therefore, they should help to support that
> organization, in my belief.  I believe that this should be society wide.

Has anyone mentioned that a major benefit your dues pays for is your
kingdom newsletter?  I don't know about you, but I find out about most
events via the Acorn.  Before I became a dues-paying member, one of my
frequent questions was something on the order of, "Hey, what's going
on next weekend?  Does anybody have an Acorn?"

No, really!  How do you find out about events if you don't either get
or know someone who gets the Acorn?  If nobody had paid memberships,
how would you know what was going on?  Most of the events listed in
the next several months have *not* been announced here, and even if
they were, I know bunches of people who don't have email.

How would you know who the leaders of neighboring groups are?  How
would you know if they changed?  Do you truly believe that word-of-
mouth is sufficient?

   Alys of Foxdale           | Vert, on a fess between three trees
foxdale@dakota.widomaker.com |     argent, a fox passant gules.