Re: Benefits of Paid Membership

Poster: "Greg Lindahl" <lindahl@pbm.com>

> Has anyone mentioned that a major benefit your dues pays for is your
> kingdom newsletter?

Sure, that's why I'm a member. I was a member before, during, and
after the non-member surcharge bru-haha, and I saw many negative
benefits for people who don't go to many events or who are doing the
SCA on a tight budget. These folks are my friends and I like seeing
them at events. Pay-to-fight is just a smaller version of pay-to-play,
in my opinion, and it's a smaller badness that should be ended.

Gregory Blount

[ but I still think we should require memberships for musicians,
especially... bagpipers. ]