Re: Disc: Bran's, um, faux pas

Poster: Lance Harrop <lharrop@mrj.com>

Lord Martin Lochner asks me:

> Nor does it surprise me that you would make sucha personal attack on
> this forum. Don't you have the courage or the courtesy to save your
> personal attacks until you see the victim in person?

When would I ever see Duke Michael of Bedford.  I've had maybe one short
conversation with his Grace, exchanged blows with him once (I hit him in
the head, he hit me in the calf), and observed him on a few occasions.

As Lord Konrad points out, Conventions of Combat IV.A.1 specify what
armour fighters are supposed to presume they are wearing.  It does not
give anyone license to declare themselves as wearing plate rather then
mail and leather.

If, as I said, IF Duke Michael tells this to his squires, I would not be
surprised.  It would not be the first rule His Grace has declared not
applicable to his household, if the words of a Court Baron can be taken
as true.

In Service
Leifr Johansson