MR: Disc: event at The Merry Rose

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com

> > Duke Richard wrote:
> >   What we can't do, from this list, is make cultural, social,
organizational
> >   or systemic changes to the way Atlantia or the SCA works.  I make this
> >   statement not entirely convinced that it is correct.  I'd love to hear
> >   some counter-examples.
[...]

Master Tibor replied:
> > I'm not sure.  Change at a gross level takes time and sustained effort,
from
> > large groups of people.  I believe that a mailing list can reach, and even
> > motivate, large groups of people, and can be used as a catalyst for change.
> >
> > Major changes of the kind you speak of are so vanishingly rare, that it
> > becomes hard to generalize.  I suspect, however, that it is quite possible.

To which King Galmr said, in part,
> I think it would be hard to have a major change for two reasons:
>
> 1) As many people as are on the list, it still only represents something
> like a 1/5 or a 1/6 of Atlantia's total paid members.
>
> 2) The people on the list do not necessarily include all of those that
> would be useful in affecting change.
[...]
> I think some ideas can be put together online, but it is only
> what happens at events that really matters.

Is there a Law, or article of Corpora, that prevents an event from
being held at The Merry Rose, or is it only a tradition that events
be held at physical locations?  One sixth of Atlantia's population
meseems to be a respectable turnout for an event.

Of course, it would have to be a non-martial event.
OTOH, it could be on the royal progress.

-- Alfredo

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia
edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com