Atlantia's Combat Archers - How to help

Poster: Donald Wagner <polearmed@worldnet.att.net>

A salaam alai qum!!
Allah's Peace to the denizens of the Merry Rose!!

The thread on blow calibrations reminded me of another obstacle our most
deserving combat archers have had to overcome, mostly, if not entirely, by
themselves.

Since the move to the Markland blunts, that are much better (arguably) to
shoot than the golf tubes and certainly easier to feel and aknowledge, the
obstacle for our archers have become a financial burden as well.

You'll notice that between battles, unless the heavies are helping our
archers out gleaning from the field, the heavies pop-a-top and rest a bit
while the archers go on breaking their collective butts.  The same is true as
they plan for an event.  They have to fix busted rivets, straps, etc. just
like the heavies, but then they have to build many of their arrows all over
again.  This is time consuming, to say the least.

In a conversation with Lord Stephan and those incredibly deadly ladies, the
financial drain is becoming a factor in deciding when they can do events.  He
shared with me, as he wouldn't complain publicly, that the cost to them as
individuals can be as high as $30 or more an event in extra costs not
directly associated with armoring.  In other words, we heavies
"accidently" destroy quite a few arrows during the melees and they have to be
replaced, or leave them without arrows to shoot to protect my fat tail and
make Atlantia the well rounded fighting force and source of dread that we
most certainly are.

It has been proposed that the heavies help support them financially in some
manner, yet there were many valid arguments against and for that.  With this
in mind, perhaps we could discuss this here at the Rose and even concoct a
decent proposal for a solution.

IMHO, I think a voluntary collection at the events and funneled to the
Marshall or Warlord would be great.  Even if it happened at the baronial
level.

What say you?

Wasalaam!!

Falcone