Re: Badge information

Poster: Dan Mackison <cn2682@coastalnet.com>

MarsaliFox@aol.com wrote:

> Poster: MarsaliFox@aol.com
>
> Unto the good gentles of the Merry Rose
>
> I am coordinating the making of banners of the various local offices for my
> shire.  I have a copy of the badges for the Ministry of Arts and the Ministry
> of Sciences.  How are these two combined for make a single badge for the
> local Minister/Mistress of Arts and Sciences?

>From my herald's handbook, I have an SCA combined badge:
 Azure, a candle enflamed within an arch stooped argent.

I must admit, however, I have never seen it actually used anywhere.

> Also, is there any badge in use by archers?

The Atlantia King's Missiliers is a unicornate natural seahorse's head
erased maintaining in its mouth an arrow inverted (point up) bendwise
(tinctureless)

Although the blazon is tictureless I believe argent on azure is the most
common artist's interpretation of the tinctures

> Lastly, is there are badge for the chatelaine and/or Silver Key?

Atlantia has its own badge for our Chatelaine's. I have a copy of the
original submission form. I am not sure if the device was changed before
it was passed but I am sure that something was passed. Perhaps someone
can check the armorial? The device I have is:
Azure, a ring of two keys and a chief wavy Argent

I have also seen used a key palewise argent, but I am not sure if that
is "official" on any level or not.