RE: Badge information

Poster: Charlene Noto <charlenn@MICROSOFT.com>

>>Poster: Dan Mackison <cn2682@coastalnet.com>
>>
>>MarsaliFox@aol.com wrote:
>>>

>>>From my herald's handbook, I have an SCA combined badge:
>>> Azure, a candle enflamed within an arch stooped argent.
>>
>>I must admit, however, I have never seen it actually used anywhere.

   <g> I hope that all MoAS officers had the same reaction to this post
that I did. It has certainly increased my obsession for using the office
heraldry more.
   It is, sadly, not that well known yet (I did say yet <g>). At Toys
for Tots I had the office banner at the door of the A&S hall to indicate
our location. I was told by many that we needed a sign marked A&S
because gentles didn't know what the banner meant. <sigh>. I will
continue to use the banner as I hope the other MoAS officers will.
Eventually individuals will start associating it with Arts and Sciences.
It actually is easier to see across a field than the letters A&S printed
on a cardboard sign.
   BTW at Emerald Joust, the Arts and Science badge was seen on the
tabard of a team affectionately dubbed "The A&S team" composed of prior
Kingdom Notables. I was very honored to have them wear our badge and
represent the office.

-Deirdre