Re: Please Read

Poster: Michael Surbrook <susano@access.digex.net>

Sir Xenaphon,

I have read your 'short note' and find that it is  true in many respects.
I can understand both your postion and that of others perfectly.  I have
fought against you, and yes, your style is agressive, ment to bring the
fight to your opponent.  Having been on the receving end of this attack, I
can say that my thoughts are not one of "Gee... he hits too hard"  but
more of, "How do I defend myself long enough to counterattack?"  or "I
must press the attack _first_ before he can get started".

The recent disccusion on the Merry Rose has also lead me to examine my own
conduct, asking myslef such questions as "Am I a 'good' squire (ie. do I
do what is expected of me?)", as well as "Do I possess the qualities that
would make a good knight?" as well as "What can I do to improve these
qualities?".

It has always been my desire to be a knight of Atlantia, now, moreso than
ever.  I can only hope that I will be able to, one day, fulfill your
expectations of what a knight should be.  Sir Xenaphon, thank you for your
words.

Michael Limner, esq.