Re: Battle Poetry

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com

> Perhaps Alfredo has hit upon something that the fighters could use as a
> theme at the next Pas d'Armes Tourney. I know Mistress Deirdre has been
> talking about hosting one to rival the Seven Deadly Sins Tourney that
> was held down south some time ago. Maybe a contest for the Knights, squires
> and unbelted fighters.

This is a good idea, and since the event would be, for many, a crash course
in the ground-level basics of Epic Poetry, I suggest invoking the Muse of
that art and call the event "Calliope, Crashed to the Ground".

But what I was suggesting was a more modest beginning: a collection
of stirring passages and phrases from the Period that people could
become familiar with, so that "talking forsoothly" would be both more
natural and rooted more to reality than to movie dialog.

-- Alfredo