Re: Battle Poetry

Poster: Corun MacAnndra <corun@access.digex.net>

Alfredo wrote:

>But to all fighters I say, please don't understand anything about your
>experiences from anything _I_ say.  Rather, tell me, tell all of us who
>envy you, about your experiences.

This is an excellent idea. What we have here is the first phase of designing
any class, research.

>Would you prefer such a class conducted by
> 1) a respected fellow cataphract,

You may attempt to armour yourself against my advances, but like any fish,
will be caught if the fisher is patient.

> 2) a gracious Lady of the Rose, well-acquent with tourney courtesy,

A most courteous attempt at backpetaling, but like the aforementioned fish,
it does contain an odour.

> 3) a smart-alecky buffoon who daren't don a helm himself, and lacks
>    the patience to even so much as watch the fighting

One need not be a fighter to teach grace and courtly speech or manners. Why,
many an athlete has sutdied with the dance master to improve their footwork
(shameless plug for Storvik dance practice, Wednesday nights at Baroness
Brennas home, call 202-291-3562 for directions).

In service,
Corun