MRS: Perils of Public Office (Was:Re: Good Gentles wanting to find)

Poster: "Edward R. Ewen, Jr." <tewen@gandalf.cs.wcu.edu>

Good Gentles,

Tibor, exasperated, reiterates:
>But I did want to warn about the dark side of the possibilities.  Sigh.
>
> 	Tibor

and puts me in mind of a story:

  When I was Seneschale of The Canton Formerly Known as Mynnyd Twr I had
a visitor.  This lady was completely unknown to me, and showed up at my
doorstep ASKING FOR A PLACE TO STAY.  After some discussion I learned
that she had called SCA corporate and asked for the local contact (me).
She was not, and as far as I could tell never had been, directly involved
with the SCA, but knew enough to track me down.

After hearing her background, I decided it was probably best for her to
seek lodging elsewhere (a VERY hard choice for me, and I did ask around
to see if anyone else would be willing to take her in).  I learned a very
important lesson that day....

Even if you WANT to be found, you are not always found by those you want.

Yours,

Edward