Re: your mail

Poster: Henry Best <jstrauss@gmu.edu>

On Thu, 25 Jul 1996, Phillip Jones wrote:

> Craig Shirgold is a 7 year old boy who lives in Keen, N.H. He is dying
> from an inoperable brain tumor. He made a wish to Children's Wish
> Foundation, that he wants one million get well cards sent to him by
> August 15th so he can make the World Book of Records before he dies.
> Cards can be made or bought. Please send the cards to the following
> address:

Amazing. These things really do have a life of their own. Unless I
am very much mistaken, this is one of the net's urban legends,
travelling through the net in cycles like a  standing wave.

Meaning no disrespect, but:

Would one of the hardcore netgeeks please verify this before we
continue? Greg, Robyyan, Kendrick?