Re: your mail

Poster: "Cheryl L. Martin" <zofran@deepthot.cary.nc.us>

On Thu, 25 Jul 1996, Phillip Jones wrote:

> Poster: jonesj@SunBelt.Net (Phillip Jones)
>
> I post this at the request of THL Christiana dello Falco
>

> 		A CHILD'S WISH
>
> Craig Shirgold is a 7 year old boy who lives in Keen, N.H. He is dying
> from an inoperable brain tumor. He made a wish to Children's Wish
> Foundation, that he wants one million get well cards sent to him by
> August 15th so he can make the World Book of Records before he dies.
> Cards can be made or bought. Please send the cards to the following
> address:
>
> 		Craig Shirgold
> 		c/o Children's Wish Foundation
> 		32 Perimeter Center East
> 		Atlanta, GA 30346.

This is a very old request that's been going around literally for
YEARS.  Craig isn't 7 yo any more nor is he dying.  He already got the
record number of cards and really doesn't need any more.  Unfortunately,
because this is still floating around, he and his family still receive
several thousand pieces of mail every day.  Don't send any cards,
please!   This is so common that there is an FAQ posted about it on the
newsgroup alt.folklore.urban.  I'll be happy to send it to anyone who is
interested.

Ayo

%Cheryl L Martin,  moderator  rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated %
%Newsgroup posting address:       rastb5@solon.com              %
%Moderator contact address:       rastb5-request@solon.com      %
%Personal  contact address:       zofran@deepthot.cary.nc.us    %