Re: Catalan Vengence

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com

>                                                             The story
> of "Catalan Vengeance" is based on a real incident, when the infantry of
> the Great Company suckered the Duke of Athens into trying to charge them
> across a marsh (which the infantry could negotiate, but horses with
> armored riders couldn't), and considerably predates "Tirant lo Blanc".
> (I've got the text, if anyone is interested...)

Yes, Master Vuong Manh, I am interested.
Please tell us more about it.
What was the Great Company?
Why were they taking vengence?
Was this incident well-known later in the Period?

Also, as a personal aside, did you have any trouble registering
a name that means "king"?  I'm guessing that you didn't, since
my wife didn't have any trouble registering Malkah as her name.

-- Alfredo

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia
edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com