DON'T REPLY!!! Re: Guaranteed Financial Aid

Poster: "Robyyan Torr d'Elandris" <robyyan@pop.mindspring.com>

As most people have noted by now, contrary to what the instructions
say in the spam on Guaranteed Financial Aid, DO NOT REPLY to the
message -- you'll just jam up the mailing list.  This is a typical
attempt by an advertiser to say "but it isn't spam, I gave you a way
to not get any more mail" while they're sending spam.

As Tibor noted, calling an 800 number is going to give them your
telephone number.  Sending them email is going to give them your
email address.  I'd rather they send spam email than call on the
phone, especially since my ISP is quite good about helping pressure
people who misuse the net.  So what I did (and suggest you do as
well) is forward the message to promo@lvdi.net, the address used to
post.  You can also forward your complaints to postmaster@lvdi.net,
lori@lori.org, and steve.doty@jaxx.com.  These last two are the
people responsible for LVDI, according to the whois service.  Enough
complaints and they'll take better control of their users.

And note their instructions say REMOVE should be in the *subject* of
the message, not in the body of the reply!  Not that I really believe
they're going to pay attention anyway...

Robyyan Torr d'Elandris                         Dennis R. Sherman
Kapellenberg, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia         Chapel Hill, NC
robyyan@mindspring.com              dennis.sherman@mindspring.com
http://www.unc.edu/~sherman/robyyan.html