Pennsic Request

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com

I, Alfredo, who must needs stand and wait this August,
would ask a boon of those happy few who will soon be
off to the Pennsic War.

I ask of you to do what I wish I could to do myself:
to memorize, copy down, or print out the following
riddle, and pose it to everyone you meet at the War.
You may even pose it on Enchanted Grounds, for it
comes from the Period.  (Let me know if you need
documentation.)

I have this notion that it might help raise awareness
of fire safety at a site sore in need of it.

  On earth there's a warrior of curious origin.
  He's created, gleaming, by two dumb creatures
  for the benefit of men. Foe bears him against foe
  to inflict harm. Women often fetter him,
  strong as he is. If maidens and men
  care for him with due consideration
  and feed him frequently, he'll faithfully obey them
  and serve them well. Men succour him for the warmth
  he offers in return; but this warrior will savage
  anyone who permits him to become too proud.

I thank you all for your time and consideration.

-- Alfredo

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia
edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com