Re: MR-Disc: What A Knight Requires

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com

> I think it's only fair to remove the bit about being chaste. This gets us
> back to the hunger issue. Food and sex are two of the Great Gifts from
> God. It's cruel to ask our knights to avoid them.

King Arthur didn't say that a knight had to be chaste;
he said that a knight should fearlessly risk his life
for justice and the common good, which was as good
as lifelong chastity and piety in the soul-saving
department.

(Perhaps this is why, on a least two occasions in
_TlB_, a knight who is expelled from knighthood
(in a lovely ceremony, BTW) chooses to become a
Franciscan friar.)

I also question whether chastity precludes sex.

-- Alfredo

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia
edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com