Re: history programs

Poster: "Sharon Henderson" <sharon@intercon.com>

> Poster: einar@cvn.net (carl christianson)
>
> Posted by Elen Prydydd:
>
> I'm beginning to look into graduate history programs.  Are there
> any particularly good schools I should be considering in south-central
> PA and Maryland?  I have catalogues from Shippensburg, Millersville,
> PSU Harrisburg.  I think most of you can guess what I'd like to focus
> on!...with the goal being to also get teacher certification.

Milady Elen,

	Greetings from a fellow Cymraig!  :-)

	UVA in Charlottesville, VA has a wonderful graduate history program, as
does its little brother university in Northern VA, George Mason Univ.  I would
consider either of them excellent choices, with plenty of Medieval and
Renaissance stuff, as well as museum and archaeology stuff on the sides.  GMU
in particular has a good emphasis on teacher certs.

	Good luck!

	Meli ferch Iasper
	GMU graduate
	(surprise, surprise....)