Photosquoze OED

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com

Frederic, ruler of the Greek Empire asked:

"Arthur, king of the Britons" replied:

el senor Alfredo el Bufon dijo:

Lord Michael the Eclectic (batman?) responed:

Elen Prydydd chided:
> > > Trust you to quote the dictionary!  For those of you who don't know,
> > > this is the man who has a two-volume edition of the OED in his personal
> > > library at home.  He thinks this is standard domestic equipment.
> > > You HAVE been warned.

Alys of Foxdale stammered:
> > But but but -- you mean, not everyone does?  We're not just keeping up
> > with the Joneses, we're *ahead* of them??

Ld Henry Best commented:
> As a subculture, we have unusual demographics on certain things.
>
> That spiffo 2 volume OED is an example. There's one here at this
> desk at Gyrth and Melisande's place. I didn't bring mine up because
> I knew there was already one here.

Alfredo confessed:
I, too, have a copy of the two-volume, photosquoze OED, in a boxed
set with a magnifying glass.  The only resoun I asked that bulleted
question about "stalwart" was to avoid following "Arthur"'s words
directly with my name, thereby seeming to claim "his" words.  I
should have chosen a more substantial (less stylistic) question.

So far, I count four OED's in Atlantia.

-- Alfredo

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia