Re: Query re: A&S/heraldry comp at Pointless

Poster: Mark Schuldenfrei <schuldy@abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU>

Achbar wrote:
     As a herald of this Kingdom, I take heraldry to heart.  Tibor has
     mentioned that the shared use of Heraldry was heard of in period.
     How do we translate this into modern usage?

Talk to them, and gently let them know that it bothers you.  Let them know that
you would like to explore period ways of resolving the problem.  This includes
a judicial duel, asking the appropriate herald in the jurisdiction to handle
it (more on this in a moment) asking them to temporarily abate their arms, or
even a mock court.

If they won't come out and play, forget about it... it isn't that important,
and you have no absolute legal rights: just custom.

Which herald is in charge?  Well, where are you?  Perhaps that Kingdom's
Principal Herald might be the right person.  Or, are you at a tournament or
faire, like Pennsic?  In which case, the Chief Herald for the tournament might
be the right person.  Do you or your group have a champion?  Would you make a
contest of it?  Not that period, but very Societal.

   If you register your Devive then it is yours once it passes the
   Laurel King/Queen of arms and you are notified of it.   If this is
   the case, then how do we keep people from using devices which are
   clearly yours?  What is the proceedure?

See other long missives.  They are not yours exclusively to use, and there is
no procedure.  But there are so many ways to play, that one of them has got to
serve!

	Tibor