Re: MR-Banter: Fran

Poster: Corun MacAnndra <corun@access.digex.net>

Chimbai wrote:

>Actually Corun, the weather service issued a tornado warning for one that
>they saw on radar 1 mile south of four corners and it was supposedly
>traveling NE but there was no reports of damage and no confirmation of a
>touchdown. I think all that happened is that it showed up on radar but not
>in person.

Ah, that must have been during the cable outage when the TV was offline for
six hours and we couldn't get to any of the weather service channels.
Nothing but static (I always said leaving the analog antenna connection off
newer tvs was a bad idea). Glad to hear there was no damage.

However, as a note to those of you not familiar with the warning signs of
impending tornados, I can tell you this. Look at the sky. If it becomes a
sickly shade of yellowish green (and I really mean green folks), then that's
tornado sky. Watch the movement of the clouds. If they start to form a
vortex, head for the cellar (not your camcorder). I grew up in northwestern
Ohio, and while it's not Kansas, we had our share of tornados across the
flatlands. But I didn't see the sky turn that shade of green out over Takoma
Park, even though we had pretty high winds. But from what I've heard from
other sources, Rockville was not a fun place to be as a tornado tried to
form over that city.

In service (and out of the basement now),
Corun