Re: S.C.A. Moral Attraciveness

Poster: carl christianson <einar@cvn.net>

poster:  Elen Prydydd

Niall wrote:

>	What I am trying to relay in all this is.... what is the
>solution to all this? I have heard trying to provide good
>example.. which is good, but not always effective. We are a
>society that has grown by leaps and bounds, and I think that in
>our growing we have lost some of what we hold dear.
>    Like the Pennsic pamphlet said this year.. we need to take
>back what is ours.... my question is .... How?

Sigh.  REALLY heavy sigh.  Milord, I sympathize completely. There are
things I have seen,too, that make me wonder why I stay in this game.  I
wish I had an answer for you...but I don't.  The only way I can stand it is
by remembering that life is a wheel:  what comes around, goes around.
Eventually <I hope> the people who haven't figured out the golden rule will
stumble into Joe's Clue Emporium and RENT themselves a clue <'cuz they're
obviously too poor to buy one> and gain some semblance of enlightenment
<dim bulb>.  Just remember some of Pennsic 24's ugliness and the tournament
thus inspired this Pennsic past.  Things like that do give me hope for us
all.

Elen