Re: Fran: The view from Elvegast

Poster: "polearmed@worldnet.att.net" <polearmed@worldnet.att.net>

Allah's Peace!!!

Tom Brady wrote:

> Poster: Tom Brady <tbrady@nando.net>
>
> ..and the view is pretty dismal, I'd say. I'm still without power, and
> from what Duke Power says, it will be on sometime within the next hour
> and next Friday.

Me too.  I want to thank Sir Johan for letting me stay with he and his darling lady
Saturday night to enjoy the luxury of AC, hot water, etc.

> The bad news is that in spite of incessant warnings to stay off
> of the roads, many, many cars are out there, and none of the drivers know
> how to properly negotiate an intersection where the traffic light is out
> (which is to say about 75% of the traffic lights in the Raleigh-Durham
> area). (Special secret tip: Treat it like a four-way stop!)

Yeah, what he said.  I must say, however, that the third finger of both hands never
received a more vigorous workout.  We had to get out for water and the like.  We almost
practiced Darwinian theory at the battery stand, though.

> - Have plenty of nonperishable food on hand (Shoot, Pop Tarts will last a
> few years in storage, won't they?)

Shoot, nothin'....Pop Tarts will last for years between the cushions of your couch.

> Regards,
> Duncan
> who is writing this from work, where he was able to take a *hot*shower*

Braggart!!!!
:)

Falcone
Donald S. Wagner             Sayyid Falcone al Rasool ibn Muhajir
Lead Technical Instructor        Barony of Windmasters' Hill
AT&T WorldNet Service                Kingdom of Atlantia