Censorship

Poster: Bards keep <s0jswelc@atlas.vcu.edu>

> Poster: "polearmed@worldnet.att.net" <polearmed@worldnet.att.net>
>
> Allah's Peace!!
>
> Hey Gang!  We're getting awful damn silly here.  While we nay all have developed a
> knee-jerk response to SPAM, I don't think anyone on this list would agree to banning
> folk for asking their question, or do I think we need to begin bringing people up on our
> electronic equivalent of a Court of Chivalry.  Some of us responded to a post, maybe
> hastily, about UBAG and exhibited something more than trepidation sbout the whole
> affair.  Let's not question the chivalry of anyone but those who act less than
> chivalrous, and let's be understanding to anyone until we are absolutley sure that they
> have acted in a manner lower than their estate.  Yeah...that's right...somebody like me
> or Leifr;), who all too often taste their own shoe leather and find it needs a little
> salt and harissa.
>
> Falcone
----> Well said, Honorable Lord.I do think we need to keep this
list open, but that is a double-edged sword.Sometimes hard words
(or at the very lest, strong defintions) are needed.As someone
who'se spoken too hastily, or unwisely, or been too quick to
judge in the past I as well understand your sentiment.(But I have
grown quite a bit from the PRIVATE chastisings that i've received
at those times) Extra letters of complaint and such would seem to be a bit
knee-jerkish. And that is something we all need to be a bit more
careful about.But certainly, well written and thought-out
arguements, or at least definite correction of misunderstandings,
or plain outright mis-truths need to remain a part of this
list.I guess w`at i'm trying to say is that the only fair
way to mantain the freedom of this list is to allow all forms of
agruement, using only coursety and our own personal restriant as
our guides, and also to keep in mind that sometimes honor
compels us to define w`at is important to all of us who put so
much of ourselves into this dream.

Bryce de Byram
(who begs apologies himself for the long-winded insomiana-induced
ramblings.)
s0jswelc@atlas.vcu.edu