Re: Censorship

Poster: Virtual Valkyries <valkyries@jagunet.com>

Hello all,
I am a bit confused about how the responses to the UBAG post could be
construed as wanting censorship. In the orriginating post, there was nothing
to suggest that this was an appropriate posting for this list.  And given
some of the history the SCA has had with actual assassinations for hire, I
can not fault a hasty, negative response.  No one has suggested that this
list be closed, but rather it stay on the topic for which it was intended.

Victoria Fitzgerald

At 01:59 AM 9/10/96 EDT, you wrote:

>Poster: Bards keep <s0jswelc@atlas.vcu.edu>
>

>> Poster: "polearmed@worldnet.att.net" <polearmed@worldnet.att.net>
>>
>> Allah's Peace!!
>>
>> Hey Gang!  We're getting awful damn silly here.  While we nay all have
developed a
>> knee-jerk response to SPAM, I don't think anyone on this list would agree
to banning
>> folk for asking their question, or do I think we need to begin bringing
people up on our
>> electronic equivalent of a Court of Chivalry.  Some of us responded to a
post, maybe
>> hastily, about UBAG and exhibited something more than trepidation sbout
the whole
>> affair.
 * Amy Lindsey & Matthew Severns  *  "She saw Valkyries     *
 * Virtual Valkyries              *  Come from afar         *
 * Web Services                   *  Ready to ride          *
 * birg@jagunet.com               *  To the tribes of god"  *
 * (410)448-4699                  *      - Saemund's Edda   *