Re: Censorship

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com

> I am a bit confused about how the responses to the UBAG post could be
> construed as wanting censorship. In the originating post, there was nothing
> to suggest that this was an appropriate posting for this list.  And given
> some of the history the SCA has had with actual assassinations for hire, I
> can not fault a hasty, negative response.  No one has suggested that this
> list be closed, but rather it stay on the topic for which it was intended.

I am _really_ confused.

I had the distinct impression that the original poster genuinely _thought_
that a properly run assassination game would be a Good Thing for an SCA
event in Atlantia.  Why isn't it appropriate to post on this list what
you _think_ is a Good Thing for SCA events in Atlantia?

If it's only appropriate to post what really _are_ Good Things, then
my question remains: Where is there a forum for me to find out if
what I _think_ is a Good Thing really _is_?

I was unaware that there had been actual murders of any sort in the
SCA, let alone assassinations for hire.  When did this occur?

Did I imagine that someone posted a call to send complaints to the
postmaster of the originating poster?

-- Alfredo

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia