Re: Censorship

Poster: "Thorpe, John" <thorpj@caepo1.columbiaSC.NCR.COM>

Greetings from Eldred!

Scripsit Alfredo:

%I am _really_ confused.

%I had the distinct impression that the original poster genuinely _thought_
%that a properly run assassination game would be a Good Thing for an SCA
%event in Atlantia.  Why isn't it appropriate to post on this list what
%you _think_ is a Good Thing for SCA events in Atlantia?

But the _original posting_ didn't even say that....It was only after
much to-and-fro and divers alarums that we found out the purpose
behind U.B.A.G. and what it actually is.

%If it's only appropriate to post what really _are_ Good Things, then
%my question remains: Where is there a forum for me to find out if
%what I _think_ is a Good Thing really _is_?

Since your hypothesis is false, there is no reason to evaluate your
conclusion....8^)  No one agrees on what Things are Good for Atlantia.

%I was unaware that there had been actual murders of any sort in the
%SCA, let alone assassinations for hire.  When did this occur?

Well _Murder at the War_/_Knightfall_ notwithstanding, I don't
think an actual murder took place at an SCA event.  Accidental
deaths have occurred (RARELY), but not REAL assassinations.  Others
can fill in first-hand details of prior "games".

%Did I imagine that someone posted a call to send complaints to the
%postmaster of the originating poster?

Oops.  You are correct.  However, if you examine our thought process...

A) a post for an assassination game appeared on our list that had
     no details about whether it was an SCA game or just TAG
     or even if it was actually a *game*
B) since it looked like SPAM, smelt like SPAM, and floated like SPAM,
     it must have been SPAM
C) concluding it was SPAM engaged the typical deal-with-SPAM-auto-reply
D) once the SPAM was actually identified as Vienna Sausages, it was
     too late, the tempest had been let out of the teapot and
     upgraded to hurricane
E) now it's time for Damage Control(tm) to clean up the mess....

In service,
Eldred