Re: **PLEASE READ Re:UBAG**

Poster: Matthew Allen Newsome <mnewsome@warren-wilson.edu>

Thank you for a very enlightening letter.  I see UBAG as nothing more
than boffer combat with a plot and a purpose, and a noble purpose at
that.  I think this is a wonderful idea.  I would not do it at every
event, just as I would not do boffer combat at every event.  But every
once in a while it is a load of fun.  I hope the UBAG member who made the
post about "offing" someone without consulting the other UBAG members was
dealt with.  He/she may have damaged your cause.  I wish you luck in your
research, and caution you not to get to wedded to the idea of an
assasination guild, and be ready to change your format or structure some
to have it represent a more period model if needs be.  This would insure
more support from society members, and more money for your worthy cause.
Please keep us posted of further developments (events this will be tried
at, etc,)
Aye,
Eogan