Re: Activity Survey

Poster: michael.f.dullaghan@adn.alcatel.com (Mike Dullaghan)

Oops. After all that time explaining the basis for my responses (and
in some cases the responses themselves) I forgot to respond to one.

Scripsit Dafydd ap Gwystl <kuijt@umiacs.UMD.EDU>:

> > K: When a lady offers her hand, bowing low and placing her hand on
> >    the top of my head.
>
> Do you have a basis for this behaviour, or are you redheaded?

Which would have been my response too.

I would be inclined to give it:

-2: If you do this, be sure people know you're from the East
    (It's good to be reminded why we broke off from y'all)

from your rating scale. Generally, if a lady offers her hand, she
expects it to be
   a) Shaken in the modern matter,
   b) Bowed over, or
   c) Kissed.

Option "a" is obvious from how the hand is offered. Options "b" and
"c" depend on more subtle cues and how well you know the lady in
question. I expect that placing it on top of your head will most often
result in confusion, although I also expect that your intent is to
signify something along the lines of "I am your servant".

Michael the Eclectic, House Falconguard,
                      Barony of Ponte Alto, Kingdom of Atlantia
Vert, on an inverted chevron or, a reremouse(bat) displayed sable

michael.f.dullaghan@adn.alcatel.com

Armed man = citizen.  Unarmed man = subject.

Of course these are MY opinions! Whattya think, my EMPLOYER
could've thought this stuff up?