Re: MR: Barrett & the Beach Boys

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com

>It [Barret's Privateers] is also vaguely what many people
>in the SCA recognize as perioid (not a typo)

>The song "California Girls" however is so clearly not perioid (there's
>that word again) that it is recognized by even the most brain damaged
>person as rock and roll.

I have no kick against Beach Boys songs, unless they start to sing the
lyrics wrong.  They change the words but keep the melody, until it's
sounding like a parody.  Come on and play some of that period music!
Any old song; you choose it.  You know the SCA renews it any old time
you use it.  It's got to be period music if you want to dance with me.

I heard a piper playing at the War.  He played some songs I never heard
before.  When he began to play the Star Wars theme, I felt that I just
had to scream, "Why don't you play some of that period music? Any old song;
you choose it.  You know, the SCA renews it any old time you use it.  It's
got to be period music if you want to dance with me.

Way down south they had a festival; I must admit it was the best of all.
(Drinking homebrew from a wooden cup)  But they sang songs that were all
mixed up.  I wish they stuck to that period music.  Any old song; you
choose it.  You know the SCA renews it any old time you use it.  It's
got to be period music if you want to dance with me.

-- Alfredo

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia
edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com