Internet Message

Poster: Annejke@prodigy.com (MS MARTHA L WALLENHORST)

No Alys, you are not the only one who learned Scarboro fair before
S&G.  I learned it and Cockles and Muscles, All Around My Hat, Elise
Marley and another billion or so period or perioid songs from my
parents and grandparents.  I was always amazed when something I had
learned as a kid comes out on an album.  I have collected 32
different versions of Johnny is gone for a solider, 9 of the The last
farewell, and several of the Scarboro Fair.
  But I will never stop being amazed that the younger folk today
don't know about these things.  I have a household member visiting
from Michigan who had never heard of: The Marx Brothers, James Cagney,
 George M. Cohan, I Claudius, the fact that Henry VIII had 6 wives,
William Wallace, druids, and a whole lot more.  I have been watching
alot of movies and handing him books all week!
        Annejke