RE: Internet Message

Poster: "Thorpe, John" <thorpj@caepo1.columbiaSC.NCR.COM>

Greetings from Eldred!

%  But I will never stop being amazed that the younger folk today
%don't know about these things.  I have a household member visiting
%from Michigan who had never heard of: The Marx Brothers, James Cagney,
% George M. Cohan, I Claudius, the fact that Henry VIII had 6 wives,
%William Wallace, druids, and a whole lot more.  I have been watching
%alot of movies and handing him books all week!

Even more recently, I ran into people who had no clue who Lionel,
Esther, or John Barrymore are.  To make matters worse, I taught a
class one summer in which I described the physical way a disk drive
works by using a record player as an example, and no one in the class
knew what a record player was!!  Yow!  This was a class of "best and
brightest" high school students.....*sigh*

Eldred