Re: Droog on Rialto

Poster: Tom Brady <tbrady@nando.net>

On Tue, 17 Sep 1996, Alfredo el Bufon did wonder:
> * Was this a reference to the SCA?

I'd side with His Excellency on this ofe - probably not, but you never know.

Here's a quote from the rec.org.sca.FAQ (which you can find conveniently
located at http://www.unc.edu/~sherman/sca-faq.htm [thanks, Robyyan!])
   1.2 Why is it called the Rialto?

   The Rialto is named for a marketplace in Venice in the vicinity of the
   Rialto bridge. As people gathered there to gossip and exchange ideas, so
   do we gather here.

> * Is, "see you on the Rialto" a current
>   studentlich catch-phrase, like "tschuss"?

Heh. I had to look at this twice - never saw it spelled out before. My
first thought was, "Skiing terms are becoming slang?"

> * Does Moby Dick really represent evil?

No, Moby Dick represents the primal human urge to consume mass quantities
of nutritionless snack food. Ahab represents the heartbreak of psoraisis,
and Ishmael represents voter apathy as applied to the 1996 presidential
election. Next question?

-Duncan, who never did very well in English classes anyway