Re: event flyer

Poster: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace@netcom.com>

For all of you who weren't able to read their MIME-encoded message,
here it is in txt format.

In service,
Lord Kendrick Wayfarer
Listkeeper, Merry Rose

---
             |                     lovelace@netcom.com
             |\                       Arlington, VA
 8*<%%%%%%%%%|+>-===================================================-----
             |/      Per chevron argent and azure, a wolf passant
             |     sable between three compass roses counterchanged.

Bardic Olympiad
October 19

The  Shire of Hindscroft and the Kingdom Bard, Lord Efenwealt Wystle invite
you to the AS XXXI Bardic Olympiad and the preliminary round of the Royal
Bard Competition. The site is the Marvin United Methodist Church, 4401
Indiana Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC.

 The site is dry and please leave your pets at home.

The site will open at 8:00 am, with competitions beginning at 9:30 am.
There will be two levels of competition, the Royal Bard competition and
the Bardic Olympiad. Competitions will include: SOLO: vocal or instrumental,
period and non-period (or SCA) style, PERIOD ENSEMBLE: vocal and/or
instrumental, STORYTELLING: pre-prepared and prepared on site (subject
available at Troll), POETRY: pre-prepared and prepared on site (see above),
DRAMATIC PERFORMANCE: solo or group (time limited to 10-15 minutes), and
SILLY PERFORMANCE: solo or group (story, song, play, juggling, poetry,
dance, instrumental, etc.). Extra points will be given in all categories
for documentation. Entrants will also be judging each other in all
categories. Other judges will be selected by Lord Efen.

A&S: Arts and Sciences competitions will include handmade period musical
instruments and representation of the bardic arts in any medium.

FOOD: Lunch and Dinner will be served in a tavern setting for moderate
prices. The Tavernocrat is Matsudaira Toshiyori (John Sellers,
4050-E Huntingreen Lane, Winston-Salem, NC 27106, (910) 760-9136)
Address any dietary concerns to him.

FEES: Site Fee: $4.00
           Smalls 6-12: $2.00
           Smalls under 6: Free

Make checks payable to SCA Inc./ Shire of Hindscroft. Questions about crash
space or motel info, etc. may be directed to the Autocrat: Sine ni Dheaghaidh
(Jane Sellers, 4050-E Huntingreen Lane, Winston-Salem, NC 27106,
(910) 760-9136 NLT 9:30pm please, or  e-mail: jsellers@cris.com)

Questions concerning the competitions may be directed to the Kingdom Bard,
Lord Efenwealt Wystle (Scott Vaughan, 120 Byrum Street # 7, Cary, NC 27711,
(919) 319-1910 NLT 10 pm)

DIRECTIONS: Take your best route to I-40 BUSINESS in Winston-Salem. Take
US 52 NORTH toward Mt. Airy. Take Akron Drive Exit. At stoplight, turn left.
Akron dead ends into Indiana Avenue. Turn right onto Indiana Avenue and
proceed approximately 3-4 miles on Indiana. The church is on the right.
(look for SCA signs)