Re: Staines Morris (English country dance)

Poster: "Greg Lindahl" <lindahl@pbm.com>

> I am looking for a detailed choreography (for eeediots) of Staines
> Morris.  I have a copy of a version from an Eastrealm dance manual,
> but it leaves too much to the imagination (for me, anyway). Any help
> would be, um, helpful.

The original choreography (in 1651 Playford) leaves too much to the
imagination, too.  I've never seen it danced.

You can find a transcription of Playford on the web at:

http://www.umich.edu/~cynnabar/Activities/Playford/

Stanes Morris is on page 93:

http://www.umich.edu/~cynnabar/Activities/Playford/Pages/93.html

Gregory Blount