Re: Acorn on the Web

Poster: "Robyyan Torr d'Elandris" <robyyan@pop.mindspring.com>

>        ATTENTION ALL SENESCHALS & KEEPERS OF ATLANTIA'S WEB PAGES! Along
> with the new deputy position, I will also be warranting the current keepers
> of the local group pages [...]

Rabah, please don't.  As soon as you set up a warranting system for
electronic chroniclers, you open the door for some group to think
they're in danger of being forcibly dissolved two years down the road
because they don't have a canton web page.  There's too much
Bureaucrappy already - please don't try to make web activities
"official".

I presume your motivation is to be helpful to people looking for
information.  May I suggest it would be more helpful to put up a
page of suggestions and guidelines for page design, rather than try
to keep track of who is doing what.  There are a lot of web pages
that have their content lost in fancy formatting and graphics...
(Unlike the Acorn pages, BTW, which are quite nicely done.)

One of the guidelines might be
  *include the text string "Kingdom of Atlantia" somewhere on the page

And then you can put a link on *your* pages to a search of, say,
alta-vista, looking for the string "Kingdom of Atlantia".  Poof, a
no-maintenance-needed list of all the web pages in the kingdom.  If
you need help figuring out how to put that kind of a link into your
page, contact me directly.

Robyyan Torr d'Elandris                         Dennis R. Sherman
Kapellenberg, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia         Chapel Hill, NC
robyyan@mindspring.com              dennis.sherman@mindspring.com
http://www.unc.edu/~sherman/robyyan.html