Re: From the Horse's Mouth

Poster: John Strauss <jstrauss@gmu.edu>

O Rabah,

	I have _NO_ problems with anything _YOU_ want to do. I have no
concerns about any policies _YOU_ will be implementing during your time
as KC. My trust in you is absolute, though I sometimes am tempted to make
you recount your cards. Sometimes your luck seems to exceed house
percentage....

	But you won't be the KC forever. Institutions behave differently,
over time, than the individuals who run them in succession.

	If left alone, institutional bureaucracies grow. A harmless thing
implemented by one person becomes an onerous and oppressive policy three
or four persons later, more often than not.

	If you are absolutely certain that you will never have to say,
years from now, "Gosh, I can't believe what the KC is doing. That wasn't
how I meant things to go." then well and good.

	I did my duty: I had some concerns and I raised them, as clearly and
succinctly as I know how. Having heard them fairly, please proceed.

			Your friend,

					Henry

|      John Strauss             |      aka Henry Best          |
|      jstrauss@gmu.edu         |      henry@poboxes.com       |
| "People don't quit playing because they grow old. They grow  |
|  old because they quit playing."     -Oliver Wendell Holmes  |