Re: Yeah for US!! (YKTCPIARI)

Poster: Matthew Allen Newsome <mnewsome@warren-wilson.edu>

On Tue, 15 Oct 1996, Stephanie Malone Thorson wrote:

> > ...he ever went to war over a hunting dog
>
> BUT WAIT!!!  This *is* period!
>
> OK, OK, it's more period legend, but ...
<most of legend cut for brevity>

> these events, he sued for peace and offered reparations, but the Scottish
> king refused, and there followed border raids and pitched battles with the
> associated bloodshed and slaughter.
>
> --Alianora

Ah!  So THAT'S why the kingdoms became united!  Oh, now I get it!  :)
B/S, did you get this tale from a particular refernce, or did you just
hear it somewhere?  If you got it out of a book, I'd love to read it myself.
(I'm always on the lookout for more things that I'll never have time to
read ;)
Please share...!
Aye,
Eogan