From: atlantia
To: PETERSR; atlantia
Subject: Re: Ceremonies of property transfer
Date: Thursday, October 17, 1996 8:01AM

Poster: MHWag@aol.com

I gather that the paying of homage is more in-depth than is the paying of
fealty.
In Sharon Kay Penman's historical novels, there is much attention paid to
whether or fealty or homage was sworn by the Welsh to the English, and by
the
Welsh to their Prince.
What would be the differences in the wording of the oaths, by whom the oaths
were sworn and to whom, and the settings?
Thanks!
Aileen