From: atlantia
To: PETERSR; atlantia
Subject: quotes quiz
Date: Saturday, September 28, 1996 11:23PM

Poster: Rcardiff@aol.com

This is copied from the Marinis news leter MOOT POINTS from this month. I
assume the answers will come next month.

Good luck.
   Miriam Esther bat Issachar

Quotable Quotes Quiz
What famous man or woman said, or is reputed to have said:

1) Paris is worth a mass.
2) My kingdom for a horse.
3) To God I speak Spanish, to women Italian, to men French, and to my
horse,German.
4)Squire Henry means to play God
5) Give me chastity and continence, Oh Lord, but not just now
6) E pur si muove. (But it still moves)
7) Bold bawdry and open manslaughter.
8) ______, by the wrath of God, Queen of England
9) That day we read no further.
10) Had I but served God as diligently as I have served my King, he would
not
have given me over in my grey hairs.
11) Will no man rid me of this meddlesome priest?
12)Kill them all, and God will know his own.
13) Brother, I am too old to go on my travels again.
14) Let the boy win his spurs.
15) Quick as boiled asparagus
16) Men will sooner forget the death of their father than the loss of their
patrimony.
17) Friends, Romans, countrymen: lend me your ears.
18) God hath given us the Papacy, not let us enjoy it.
19) Be of good comfort, Master Ridley, and play the man. We shall light this
day such a candle in England as (I trust), shall never be put out.
20) It was never merry in England while we had cardinals amoung us.
21) As we were saying yesterday....(beginning of his first lecture after 5
years in the Inquisitions prisons).
22) What a good vassal, if he had a good lord.
23) En casa muy cuerda,en cama muy loca. (Prudent in household matters, but
madwoman in bed.)
24) Non Angli, sed Angeli. (Not Angles, but Angels)
25) Quante bella giovanezza...(how lovely is youth, that ever flies...)