MR: Banter: Cold Enough For You?

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com (Ed Hopkins)

Lady Ursula von Bremen <hinson.msalan3@mhs.unc.edu> asked:

Maria Beatriz la Mora <DC.TEMP@novell.com> replied:
> it is somewhere under 50 F and falling fast around here...it may be
> moot point by tomorrow afternoon.(grin)

Before this missive, I had completely miscontrued the name "DC.TEMP".
BTW, I believe the prognosticators are predicting that it won't go
below 45 degrees, which is still several degrees above the moot point.

-- Alfredo

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia
edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com
If we teach everybody, including, say, high school students, habits of
skeptical thought, they will probably not restrict their skepticism to
UFOs, aspirin commercials, and 35,000-year-old channelees.  Maybe they'll
start asking awkward questions about economic, or social, or political,
or religious institutions.  Perhaps they'll challenge the opinions of
those in power.  Then where would we be?	-- Carl Sagan