Dance Project

Poster: "Hinson, Jerome" <hinson.msalan3@mhs.unc.edu>

Unto the patrons of the Merry Rose, Greetings.

I am seeking assistance with a project at which I'll be chipping away (to
give my mind an occasional diversion from Weightier Matters).  Anyway, if
you're interested in adding your two cents, here are some questions for
you:

PERIOD EUROPEAN DANCES

[1]  List your 10 favorite dances and tell what you like about them.

[2]  List your 10 least favorite dances and tell what you dislike about
them.

[3]  List any dances that you've been dying to learn.

[4]  List any dances that you've recently learned that you're dying to
teach.

[5]  Describe the best SCA dancing experience(s) you've ever had.
Include event names, dance               masters, music
(live/recorded/approximate number and type of musicians), dances,
decorations,          lighting, atmosphere, etc.

[6]  Describe the worst SCA dancing experience(s) you've ever had.  Same
as #4, only with names               and locations withheld to protect
the innocent, etc.)

[7]  What changes would you suggest to improve the quality of the SCA
dancing experience for you?

[8]  Is there a regular dance practice in your area?  (Where is that?)

[9]  If there isn't a regular dance practice in your area, would you be
interested in attending one?

[10]  How often?

[11] Soapbox time:  Is there anything that you would like to add to the
above?

With thanks in advance,
Ursula von Bremen