RE: Name Changes and AoA's

Poster: Lance Harrop <lharrop@mrj.com>

Eldred writes:

> Atlantia is one of the smaller Kingdoms (at least
> geographically) believe it or not.  It is incredible how difficult it is for
> the Royalty to travel across even our Kingdom.

I love to listen to the laughter of an Adenveldter who hears these kinds
of words.  There are people who have had to travel the distance from
Augusta Georgia to Baltimore Maryland just to get from one group to
another.  I think that distances are really physcological, and can best
be counted in the number of groups you pass over to get to an event.  I
went to Crown, I had to pass through Caer Mear, Berley Court, and at
least one of Windmaster's Hills cantons to get to Fortaleza.  Earl
Dafydd, one of the other Northerners at Crown, would have added Ponte
Alto and Stierbach to that list.  Count Thorbrandr would have added
Storvik to Earl Dafydd's list, or would have cut across a bridge from
Dun Carraig, through northern Tir-y-Don, and then into Caer Mear.

The other way to count the distance to an event is by the number of
events you would pass to get there.  That includes not only the events of
that weekend, but depending on the number of events you go to in a year,
it could include one to three weeks before and after an event.  By that
measure, it is very easy never to leave your state, and still get to
events.

I know I often don't have the opportunity (true this week) of getting to
events I like to repeat, such as Feast of Herne.  It is really hard to go
any long distance for a new event at a group new to me.

In Service
Leifr Johansson